Zoeken in deze blog

maandag 11 oktober 2010

Love 'Eat Pray Love'!

It has been a month! A month! I know I know, I keep apologizing but school has really tide me up more than I could imagine. I hate that I had to put my blog on hold for  all those weeks! Luckaly I gained all of my study credits for my first assignments so it wasn't all for nothing. Tomorrow (actually today allready! OMG it's late again!) I'll start my new 6-week-project at school; Inspirationbook. I'm very excited and curious about this and can't wait to start!
Tomorrow I'll post pictures of my last assignment; Prototype, so you can all see what I've been doing instead of blogging.

For now a little movie review. Today has been a lazy day when I think about it. Yesterday me and my friends rented some movies but didn't get the chance to watch them all. I needed to return them today and so I watched the last one this morning. It would be a total waste if I'd returned it without watching right?!
Then this afternoon I met a friend in Amsterdam. We both have a Pathé Unlimited card and since we wanted to really take good use of it, we went to see 2 films.
First we went to see Going The Distance, a cute romantic comedy starring Drew Barrymore and Justin Long. The movie is about two people meeting and falling in love, but their love life is about to get a lot more complicated when 'Drew' moves back to the other side of the country, where she originally comes from. They try to keep their relationship work long distance.
I did like the movie and I always love Drew, but I wouldn't buy it on dvd when it releases (which I usually do immediately when a rom-com comes out).
After that we had a little break and went for some great Thai food at the 'Nieuwmarkt' square. I always order the same; 7, 8 and 12. Super delicious and it never bores me! Definitely try it some time!
After our nice dinner we saw the new Julia Roberts movie 'Eat Pray Love'. 
I have to say, the film made me hungry (again!), made me want to go meditate on some tropical island and my need for a boyfriend instantly grew back from nowhere!
What a great film! The beautiful countries, the impressive activities and the always amazing miss Roberts.... I really had a good time watching this one.
The film tells about a women, Liz, who realizes she isn't happy with her marriage and her life at all. She divorces her husband and decides to take a one year journey to get to know and love herself more, and find happiness again. She starts in Italy, where her main pursuits are eating, drinking wine and enjoying doing nothing. After Italy she travels to India where she learns to meditate and forgives her own mistakes. Her trip finishes on Bali where she learns to love again.
It is a 2,5 hour movie but I had no problem sitting it out. The story really 'had' me because of the the realistic problems and feelings that passed by. Julia acts like she always does. Sensitive, sympathetic and funny. I love her in almost every movie and I think she's at her best in movies like this.
I could go on for a while but since it's kind 'a late and I don't want to spoil anymore details, I think it's better to encourage everyone to go see the movie for themselves. It's different and impressing and should be on everyone's 'must see' list!
I promise you won't have to wait another month for my next post! I'll add another one tomorrow for sure! Sleep tight you guys!

XoXo, Justine W.

'Going the distance'


Italy...

India...

and Bali...


1 opmerking: