Zoeken in deze blog

dinsdag 11 mei 2010

A Dutch girl in Paris (Part une)

Last week I told you I was going to Antwerp on Saturday right?! Well... I didn't. Me and my mum got up really (REALLY) early and drove all the way to... Paris!
As I mentioned before I'm being a bridesmaid at my aunts wedding in June, and I'll be wearing the white roses dress from H&M's Garden Collection, but I was still searching for the right shoes.
I wanted something in a nude colour but couldn't find it anywhere in Amsterdam.
Off course I spotted several Christian Louboutin models online that would look fab' with the dress, but the only problem was that non of the 3 stores that sell Louboutin in Holland had any of these models in stock.
Then my mum told me she'd go to Paris with me to find me a pair of Loubou's. How sweet is that?!
So, like I said, we got up really early, arround 2.30AM, and an hour later we were on our way.
We started our search in the first Louboutin Boutique (Rue du Faubourg St. Honoré), but before I bought a pair, I wanted to be sure to have seen everything available. So after store No. 1 we walked to the second boutique (Rue Jean-Jacques Rousseau) where I tried a couple of styles, but I wasn't convinced yet. We took a taxi to the 3rd and last store (Rue de Grenelle), where I also tried a pair or 2. Now I had seen it all I thought the first store would probably have the most options, so we took antother cab back to the first store.
I ended up buying the 'Duvette' in nude leather, with pink patent leather on the heel and nose. They look a little like the 'Pigalle' but with a couple of different details. I love them!
BTW; in one of the boutiques they had... the 'gold crystal Pigalle pumps' that Sarah Jessica Parker is wearing in Sex and the City 2! (I posted about these beauties before; 'Feeling like Carrie' ).
They're sooooo... well, I don't know, I'm speechless...! I touched this work of art like a thousand times thinking about the best way to steel it... ( :P lol) believe me, this shoe is To Die For... But they're almost € 2200,-... well... maybe next month... haha!
Besides stalking Louboutin Boutiques we didn't see much of Paris this visit, we did do a little sight seeing during our taxi rides.
We also went to dinner at 'La Bastide d'Opio', a cute little French restaurant in St. Germain, centre Paris. The food was delicious! The starter was 'grilled eggplant and tomato topped with mozzarella with pesto of capers out of the oven' and our main course was 'duck breast with potatoes and cherry tomatoes drenched in honey-apricot sauce'. Hungry already?!
It also wasn't that expensive so I definately recommend this place.
I had a great day and I'm so happy with my 'Duvettes'! I'm sure to return a.s.a.p.!
See the pictures below!

Au revoir girls!

Outfit: Rose jacket H&M Garden Collection Tank H&M Garden Collection Jeans tregging Pieces Ballerinas Ash Bag Jimmy Choo for H&M Necklace Thomas Sabo

Christian Louboutin Boutique 'Rue du Faubourg St. Honoré'.

Carrie's AMAZINGGG Pigalle... <3 Can't wait for the movie (and the day I'll be able to buy these :P )!

Museum The Louvre (taken from the taxi while we drove by).

Window of department store Lafayette; Limited edition Coca Cola bottles designed by Karl Lagerfeld.

Balmain jackets at Joseph (St. Germain) Unfortunatly taken through the window... Too bad you can never photograph in stores.

Reading the menu at 'La Bastide d'Opio'.


Starter >De-li-cioussss<


Main course (Mmm, can still tatste it).

My newest Louboutin, 'Le Duvette, 100mm'.

Trying them on (again) at home :D (forget about my leggings ok?!)

1 opmerking: