Zoeken in deze blog

dinsdag 4 mei 2010

Bye Bye Betty

Any of you watch Ugly Betty? I’m sure most of you know, but the show revolves around main character Betty Suarez (America Ferrera), who starts a job at a huge fashion magazine, even though she is not interested in fashion AT ALL. She works her way up and gains more respect along the way.
I really enjoyed watching the Dutch version ‘Lotte’ so I started following Ugly Betty too. It was a little different from the Dutch show, but I did like it.
I always watch it online because Holland is soooo far behind with episodes, and last Sunday I finally had some time to catch up (I hadn’t watched in a couple of weeks). I was about 5 episodes behind, so I had a little UB-marathon.
When Betty finally got her braces removed I got kinda suspicious… “was the show ending?”
And it was!!! These 5 were the last ones to watch!
I have to say, I’m not satisfied with the ending. It wasn’t romantic enough! We finally (!) got to see that Daniel (Betty’s boss and close friend) is actually in love with her, but then he doesn’t tell her! He does follow her to London, where she’s starting a new job, but that’s it. I would have loved to see them ending up together, but I guess we’ll never know for sure.
In ‘Lotte’ it did end romantic. Vico, the Dutch Daniel, confessed his love to Lotte (Betty), and in the final episode they get married. Wouldn’t you rather have seen this ending for Ugly Betty?! What do you think?
I have to ad that I did love Betty’s final look. New glasses, new clothes and of course… NO braces! She really looked good! But, we all know America is a beautiful woman who never really was ugly, right?!

Betty and Daniel in the last episode
(BTW, this wasn't her final look yet).

Betty looking *Fab* in a gorgeous black Victoria Beckham dress
(Episode; 'Million dollar smile')

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten