Zoeken in deze blog

woensdag 21 juli 2010

Accepted!

Morning!
Some time ago I told you about me applying for the Amsterdam Fashion Institute (AMFI) and that I was very busy with all kinds of assignments for my admission.
Well, while I was enjoying the Italian beach last week I received a text from my mum that said... I GOT IN!
After waiting for almost two months, taking extra Math and Economics classes (needed those to even be considered) and having to write an extra motivation letter I kinda lost every bit of hope I would get accepted.
But totally out of blue my mum told me I was! I was so excited! Me and my friends went celebrating that night. Loved it!
I can't wait for school to start! Yesterday I quit my job, so this will be my last month working fulltime. It feels a little weird because I've been working there for more than 3,5 years but I'm sure this was the best thing that could have happend to me!
The only drawback is that I probably won't be able to buy any pair of Louboutins for the next 4 years!
Too bad! I'll just have to take a part time job and I'm sure my dearest shoes will be waiting for me when I have graduated! (But it will be tough... isn't there some kind of 'I can't afford Louboutins anymore' support group?!)
Anyway, my life is going to be very different for the next couple of years and I can't wait for it to begin!
Wish me luck y'all!

XoXo, Justine W.

PS.
Here are some of the assignments I needed to make;

The assignment was to show an image that would represent the sphere of your dream job.
Mine: Working as an Art/Creative director at a fashion magazine

Assignment: make a picture in which you show something that represents a current thing (Zeitgeist/Tijdsgeest)
Mine: H&M's Garden Collection. A very fashionable but at the same time sustainable collection. Sustainable fashion is getting more and more popular and H&M had a great way to participate to this trend.

Assignment: Show you're creative computer skills in one image.
Mine: I made this with ImageReady (Photoshop). I refered to the first assignment (my dream job), but here I obviously have reached my goal and became Art Director at the Dutch version of Vogue (doesn't exist... yet :P ). Since the whole assignment is suppose to be about me, I put myself on the cover.
All the other headlines are things that interest and inspire me. I think I really made it my own.

1 opmerking: