Zoeken in deze blog

donderdag 1 juli 2010

Long live McQueen!

It has been almost 5 months since Alexander McQueen decided to end his life.
Through the brand his name lives on with Sarah Burton, McQueen's former design assistent, as the brand's new creative director.
This week we were given a sneak-peak of AMQ's Cruise 2011 (pre-spring) collection. The first full women's collection by Sarah Burton.
From what I've seen 'till now, I think she did a really great job. The collection is very feminine with lace and light fabrics like silk and chiffon, but gets strong because of the shapes and (mostly) dark colours. And 'that' makes it, McQueen...
I can't wait to see more of the collection! I'm also very curious about all the accessoiries that Alexander always made 'so special'. You never know of course, but I'm pretty sure Sarah will pull this off just right. What do you think? Is she capable enough to even McQueen's work?

XoXo, Justine W.

Ps.
I think this model really looks like Natalie Portman (her Star Wars look)! Don't you?

 

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten